Friday, February 11, 2011

plans change

..but nevermind the details.

Just know that things started going downhill from here: 
After i finished sewing the front cover of this book 
my brow may have furrowed for a split second.
"does that look...  nah."
nah..

And then I stitched up the back cover:

wait a minute..

And then I put the two together.
WHAT?

And then I chucked the damn thing across the room.     not really
There's no fixing this, I do believe it's a make believe heart. 

It wasn't supposed to be what it looks like. 
But I think it just is now.

Maybe I was secretly fighting  the voice of my dear friend Michelle in the back of my mind, "Maranda has no feelings. She's of the rock heart people."

_______

My sidekick Trish, who's back in Kentucky, is an epic email writer. I'm talking novel length here. Sometimes they're funny and sometimes they're sad but usually they're funny/sad... which is even better. 
Do you people have a friend like that?

So, Dish, this one has your name on it. Guess it's time to get started on that real book now..
_______

And a big thank you to my dear friend Shanee for the surprise mail I received this week! Several years ago she up and moved to Alaska one day and never looked back.. 
preserves wait, in the box it arrived in, for a special occasion


maybe stylized snow people?

It's time for a singer-sewing-break.
Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment