Sunday, January 23, 2011

Uni-

Last night, braving the snow, I went out to see some things.
I was unaccompanied.
This was okay.

When I reached my destination I found a seat and settled in
      and then......

Stranger: "Hey, want a drink?"
Me: "No thanks."

Stranger: "Having fun?"
Me: "Yeah."

Stranger: "So, where's your boyfriend?"
Me: "Just me."

Stranger: "He left you here?!?"
Me: "No. I'm here by myself. I came alone."

Now, this next part is what I really want to share. 
The greatest part of this very, very short dialogue:

Stranger: "What? Seriously?"
Then the stranger gives me a SAD FACE and mouths to me, 'I'm sorry.'

I think to myself, 'I'm so sorry you're talking to me.'       (I know, how mean of me)
I gathered my things, bid a quick farewell, and changed seats.
_________

Being humored by his comment, I couldn't help but share.
I mean, who says that to someone?
Sorry? For what? Did I miss something?
Ridiculous.

So this is for all of you out there who have ever been told by a complete stranger, "I'm sorry you're out in public alone." I am in your circle.

Here's to a good laugh and the closing of a delightful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment